Oh, Shiitake Mushrooms, how I love thee! These beautiful mushrooms are exciting to see as part of our CSA pick-up. I am unexperienced when it comes to cooking Shiitake Mushrooms and usually end up tossing them in a pot of Miso soup. But I have found a recipe for Shiitake Mushroom Risotto, which appears to be simple and delicious!
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3.5-oz pkg shiitake mushrooms, chopped (8 mushrooms, ~ 1 1/2 cups chopped)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or 1 cube frozen Crushed Garlic
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups broth (chicken or vegetable) + 1 cup water
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Parmesan cheese (OPTIONAL)
I bet a hearty spoonful of goat cheese chevre stirred into this recipe would be good.
For the full recipe click HERE.
How do you cook your Shiitake Mushrooms?